You are invited to
Lunch and Learn in La Porte
The Indiana Lincoln Highway Association’s
Summer Event & Annual Meeting
Saturday, July 13, 2019
Mama T’s Diner (formerly B & J’s American Cafe)
- 9:00 am Central Daylight Time: Meet at Mama T’s Diner, 607 Lincolnway, La Porte 46350
- 9:15 – 11:15 am: La Porte native Bruce Johnson, educator and historian, will guide non-board member attendees as they visit the Lincoln Highway Kiosk downtown, then drive to the La Porte County Historical Society Museum for a tour ($3.00), 2405 Indiana Avenue. laportecountyhistory.org/
- 9:15 – 11:15: INLHA Board meeting
- 11:30 – 1:30: Lunch and Membership Meeting at Mama T’s. We will order off the menu on our own.
- View The Lincoln Highway’s Ideal Section* produced by Paul Nelson
- Hear updates on INLHA projects and activities including the visit by two groups traveling cross-country commemorating the 100th anniversary of the U.S. Army’s 1919 Transcontinental Motor Convoy on the Lincoln Highway
- Election of Directors, and more.
We look forward to seeing YOU! There is no charge (except for the Museum entry fee) but it would be helpful for planning if you reply by email that you will attend. Use the link in the upper right hand corner of this page under the Byway sign.
* The 20 minute documentary offers a look at the creation of the Ideal Section of the Lincoln Highway, the memorial site, and the restoration of the Henry C. Ostermann Memorial Seat and the Ideal Section Monument. The video includes historic photos and movie clips as well as interpretive comments from several members of the Indiana Lincoln Highway Association and other historians. In addition, viewers will get a condensed introduction to the Lincoln Highway, including the 1919 Military Convoy.