The Indiana Lincoln Highway Association
Invites you to
Travel to Turtle Town
Spring Event & Annual Meeting
Saturday, May 12, 2018
- 9:30 am (EDT): Meet at Brevin’s Downtown Eatery, 200 S. Main St., Churubusco 46342. Updates on Indiana Lincoln Highway Association activities.
- 10:30 am: The Whitley County Historian will give a presentation on the Lincoln Highway in Churubusco and Whitley County.
- 11:30 am: INLHA Annual Meeting with election of officers.
- 12:00 pm: Lunch at Brevin’s. We will order on our own off the menu – www.brevins.net
- 1:00 pm: INLHA Annual Meeting continued as needed.
Please register by email or phone (firstname.lastname@example.org, 574-210-6278) by May 8. There is no fee, but we need to know who is coming so we are adequately prepared.
Turtle Town – The Famous Turtle Hunt
In 1949, the town of Churubusco gained a national reputation when a turtle was sighted in one of the nearby lakes. The turtle was supposedly sighted by a number of people and was said to have a shell the size of a table top. The land owner was determined to trap the huge turtle. The hunt made the news across the Midwest. The lake water was lowered, but “Oscar” was never found.